School-Education Series

I have a son who’s in Primary School so I thought, I should run a series about school and maybe on the Educational system here in Australia. I will be writing about what I know and my experiences around the school where my son goes to.

As a background, the Tatapilla (my son) goes to a public school – here it is called State school. The school is about a ten minute walk from home. It is quite close to our home as I can hear the bells for the school session. In cold days, he is being driven to school but on warm days, he rides his bike or walk. One day, I picked him up walking wearing flat ballerina shoes – it was so hot that the glue on my shoes melted but that’s another story for another day.

The Primary school starts from Prep up to year 6. There’s a prescribed age when a child can start Primary school.

*****

0 comments:

Post a Comment